Engineer: A Static Website Generator for Fellow Engineers
At its core, Engineer is a static website generator. In other words, Engineer let’s you build a website from a bunch
of files - articles written in Markdown, templates, and other stuff - and outputs another bunch of files - HTML,
mostly - that you can then copy wherever you want. It has some very nice Features that will make you happy,
but it’s not for everybody.
Engineer was inspired by Brent Simmons, Marco Arment’s Second Crack, Jekyll, Octopress, and Hyde.
The Engineer documentation is a work in progress. It is by-and-large up-to-date and the most relevant
sections are complete, but some of the more ‘advanced’ sections are not yet complete.
Bugs and Feature Roadmap
If you find any bugs in Engineer please file an issue in the Github
issue tracker (or fork and fix it yourself
and send me a pull request). Feature ideas and other feedback are welcome as well!
- Getting Started
- Settings Files
- Included Plugins
- Engineer Commandline
- EMMA: Engineer Miniature Management Automaton
- Compatibility With Other Static Site Generators
- Frequently Asked Questions
- version 0.4.3 - December 10, 2012
- version 0.4.2 - December 10, 2012
- version 0.4.1 - December 4, 2012
- version 0.4.0 - November 28, 2012
- version 0.3.2 - August 18, 2012
- version 0.3.1 - August 5, 2012
- version 0.3.0 - July 22, 2012
- version 0.2.4 - May 27, 2012
- version 0.2.3 - May 6, 2012
- version 0.2.2 - April 30, 2012
- version 0.2.1 - April 28, 2012
- version 0.2.0 - April 22, 2012
- version 0.1.0 - March 13, 2012